You can activate your newly approved app's push notifications, QR codes, and Tell Friend feature all at once through the App Information section. It's important to take care of this as soon as your app goes live—otherwise, these features work properly.
Android push notifications often fail because the Android Market URL is not filled in properly. You can easily avoid this by covering your bases before your clients start sending out push notifications.
Since QR codes are scannable URLs, they need to be linked up to a provided URL in order to function properly. Inputting the market URLs enables this function. After you've gone through the steps detailed below, go to the Promote section of the dashboard and click "Re-build QR Code" to complete the set-up process. At this point, you can scan the codes from your computer and/or download a PDF version to distribute.
Similar to QR Codes, our Tell Friend tab requires activation, since it pulls the app listing URLs directly from the Info section. Without URLs filled in, users will only see "http://" when they try to share the app with friends.
Finding Your App Store URL and App Store ID
1. Log in to your iTunes Connect account.
2. Click My Apps. Find the app among the list and click it.
4. From the App Listing, click the More button on the far right.
5. First, select About This App. In the pop-up window, you'll find your App Store ID. Copy this down.
5. Back in the More menu select View on App Store. The App Store listing will load in your browser.
6. Copy down the full App Store URL. (Note: Remove the 's' in 'https' after copying your URL.)
Finding Your Android Market URL
1. Visit the Android App Marketplace in your browser.
2. Type your app's name into the Search field at the top.
3. Locate your app in the list and click it. The Play Store listing will load in your browser.
4. Copy down the full Android Market URL. (Note: Remove the 's' in 'https' after copying your URL.)
Inputting Your URLs
1. Log in to your Reseller Dashboard and go to the My Apps section.
2. Locate your app in the list.
3. Click the gear icon, and select Edit Info from the menu.
4. Paste your App Store URL, App Store ID, and Android Market URL into the proper fields. (Note: Please be sure to delete the 's' in 'https' from these URLs, as it can cause issues with push notifications.)
5. Click Save and you're done! To generate your new QR codes, return to the Promote section of the app dashboard and click "Rebuild Code." Be sure to do some test scans before printing out and distributing your QR codes.