The Around Us tab is a great way to display relevant points of interest within your app, drawing attention to hotspots in the area. You can incorporate up to three different business categories, and users can easily access business contact information, address and GPS directions for each location!
1. In Step 1 (Functionality), click Add New Tab.
2. Create a Tab Title, select the Contact Tab from the Tab Function drop-down, and choose an icon or upload your own. Save your changes. (You can change all this information later.)
3. Go to Step 2 (Content) and click on your new tab. Here you'll name your categories and add items to each one. You can include up to three categories total, and an unlimited number of POIs.
4. Select a name & color for each category. Click Update Settings when you're done.
Note: You can check out the preview to the right to see how your categories will appear at the bottom of the tab. POIs will be color-coded based on their category.
5. Click Add POI to begin populating your tab. Complete the General Information section. Click on the Save Changes button at the bottom when you're done.
- Name: Give a title to this POI.
- Color: Select the category you'd like this POI to appear in.
- Information: Use the WYSIWYG editor to customize the POI information. See below for more details on how the editor works.
- Website: Enter the URL for the business’ website. This must start with the “http://” prefix. If the client or business doesn’t have an official website, a Yelp or Facebook page will work just as well.
- Address: You can either search the address in the “Enter the address here” bar, or you can enter the coordinates in the Latitude/Longitude fields below. When you use the coordinates option, Google Maps will pull the nearest address.
- Distance Type: Specify whether distance should appear in Kilometers or Miles.
- Email: Input a valid email address for the business or main point of contact. When users click the one-touch Email button within the tab, this is the address their email will be directed to.
- Telephone: The best contact number for the client or business. When users click the one-touch Call button within the tab, this is the phone number it will dial.
- Image: Upload a thumbnail image for this POI. It should be 140x140px.
6. You can manage comments left by users under the Comments section. Just click Delete to remove a comment from the app, and Save Changes to update.
7. Continue adding POIs until you’re satisfied. Remember, you can always delete an item later, or change the Category it's under. As you add more items, you'll see your map fill up!
You can achieve a lot with this editing panel. Most of the options are pretty straightforward, and mirrored those offered by programs like Word. You can hover over an option for a hint at what it does, but the best way to learn is by diving in.
- Customize text: bold, italics, underline, strikethrough
- Align content: left, center, right, justified
- Format text: paragraph, address, heading
- Set font size
- Set direction of text: left to right, right to left
- Add bullets or numbered lists
- Add blockquotes
- Hyperlink text or photos
- Anchor text
- Insert photos
- Clean up code
- Add HTML
Check out some live examples below! Users can switch between Map & List view.