- For a new source code: additional features and design options, as seen in our up-to-date preview app
- For Publish Step changes: most items in this step, like the app icon, can only be changed by updating the app
- For bug fixes: if we confirm that an issue you're facing can be resolved with an update
Part One: Generating an APK File
1. Navigate to your Reseller Dashboard and locate the app you'd like to republish.
2. Log in and make sure all Publish step content is complete and up-to-date, as the majority of this info is built into the APK file.
3. From your Reseller dashboard, click the Publish/Republish button.*
4. Fill out the email address field, where your APK file will be directed, and make sure only Android is highlighted blue under the Product section.
Note: Unmasked emails (@gmail.com, rather than @yourappcompany.com) work best for APK reception.
5. Click the blue NEXT button, enter any special notes you may have then click SUBMIT..
6. You'll receive the APK file via email shortly. There's no need to open it—just download it straight from the email.
Note: If you fail to receive it within half an hour, just email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can email the file to you directly. Make sure to check your Spam folder first!
*Single Clients: Since you don't have a dashboard view, you'll navigate to the Publish step after logging in and publish your app from there.
Part 2: Updating the APK in Google Developer
1. Log into the Google Developer Console using your Google Developer login credentials.
2. Select your app from the list.
3. Verify that the Store Listing and Pricing & Distribution sections are complete (they'll have green checkmarks next to them).
4. Click the APK tab from the left-side menu, then the blue "Upload new APK to Production" button.
5. Select the APK file you downloaded in Part One.
6. Click Save. This version's status should switch to "Draft in Prod."
7. Within about 24 hours, users should see the new update available for download. However, you can check on the status at any time through your console.